Deep Impact | The Dream Begins




His ability to move the ball between his legs is innate. He is a migrant and aspires to be a footballer, but doesn't have the monetary support nor the will of his father. He earns a little by working shifts, day and night, and saves some money so as to flee to London to join a club. When he does, he hurts his father, but later learns that his father always needed him to succeed as a footballer but didn't encourage because of their economic deprivation.
#characterstudy



A Father-Son story, invariably excites me both in reality and fiction. I don't need to explicitly say why, those who are aware of mind, knows the reason. Typically, people would go to temple, church or mosque after getting their first 'Offer Letter' (official confirmation of employment), to thank their God. I was being a below average candidate, after a year of struggle looking for a job, received an offer letter from a leading Telecom company. The moment after getting it, all I did was called my father, and told him that I got a job, then immediately went to this film 'Goal: The Dream Begins', exhibited in the Satyam theatre (Santham screen). Incidentally, it was a story of emotional conflicts between a father and son. I was overwhelmed. Therefore, this film is close to my soul, apart from the fact that I used to be a footballer.

While my dreams of becoming something the ordinary won't aspire to, have been suspended by external factors beyond my control, this film is where back in 2006, it sort of began. 

Authored by Balaji Thangapandian aka #BT - a spacefarer, who is also curious about film-making, connectivity technologies and military history.

Comments

Popular Posts