Total Recall | Premam



Do you know what it means to be notoriously famous? And, the consequences. 

June 18, 2015:

Perhaps, "Premam", was the first malayalam feature film I saw in theatres. 

Premam: I was ignorant of Malayalam movie until yesterday night. In my lifetime,  Premam was the first Malayalam feature film i watched in theatre. I cannot be solely blamed as during our earlier days we were bombarded with other content of Malayalam cinema. Perhaps, it was reserved for the best. Men and women who have had wonderful moments in their school and college days will certainly feel nostalgic in every scene. As far as I'm concerned, I was personally attached to the protagonist's characterization at the college. Most importantly, the college's fight sequence introduction was very stylishly made and masculine. And the scene where the lead's father was called for enquiry, and his father supported his son and threatened college principal for calling him for pity issues. That particular scene was a reminiscent of our days in engineering. We fought with seniors and got suspended. The college's management had called my father for enquiry and they had thought my father would plead them for revocation of suspension. Instead, my father defended me and made them understand that we were not responsible for the fight, we were provoked and we reciprocated. Subsequently, we became famous and untouchables.


Needless to say about the character of Malar miss.  That character was an absolute delight and humanly impossible to forget. Director #Alphonse_Puthren has become of one of the finest story tellers of our region.


July 8: 2015

Lately, this tea shop at Manthope colony, Ashok Nagar has become our ' toppu'. I went to the owner (he is from Kerala) and asked him to mix ' Kas - Kas ' in the drink ( only those who have seen #Premam will know what I'm talking about). Instantly, he started laughing and we both started talking about Premam for sometime. Gradually, people around the shop overheard over conversation and became enthusiastic about the movie, and came to me and asked ' Is Prem really that good?'. I replied ' Bossu, I don't understand Malayalam, but I have seen it 3 times in theatres, and I will continue to watch again.' They got excited and many have decided to watch Premam in the coming days. This is the power of ' word of mouth ' and the propaganda will persist until the known and unknown of my network watch Premam in theatres.

Premam is everything how one must not be, yet I watched it five times in the theatres as the lead was reminiscent of one of my avatars of yesteryear. 
I'm never what I appear to be - neither good nor bad. Therefore, I'd suggest you to unfriend me.


Authored by Balaji Thangapandian aka #BT - a spacefarer, who is also curious about film-making, connectivity technologies and military history.

Comments

Popular Posts