Obsessive Compulsive Disorder | Soundtracks | OST



Sounds speak my mind more than words do. 


Devotion to soundtrack:
The pleasure I derive from listening to this soundtrack (STAY), composed by legendary #HansZimmer for auteur #ChristopherNolan's #Interstellar defies languages. #BT

https://youtu.be/itE8llUZ4Ao


In fact, I have this habit of beginning my day by listening to 'Cornfield Chase' and end with 'Detach'. This track 'Stay' sort of enlightens me.

I can't meditate as it's humanly impossible for me to align my thoughts into a single stream. Rather, I feel content with a perplexed state of mind. If I still meditate, it only provokes. Nevertheless, since 2014, I meditate in the form of listening to this soundtrack '#CornfieldChase', composed by legendary musician #HansZimmer for auteur #ChristopherNolan's '#Interstellar'. It has become my routine, I begin and end my day with this track.
https://youtu.be/bmz9lMP6aQU

Description:

The Interstellar: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack is a tremendously popular soundtrack, several years after it's initial release. The Interstellar: Expanded Edition features music from the film by composer Hans Zimmer, and will be available on LP with special etching, CD, and digital formats; and features additional music that was not available on the standard CD and digital releases of the original soundtrack. . Zimmer is considered a rock star in the composing world, having toured the world - including performing at the Coachella festival last year. The list of awards he has won would easily fill a full page. His award highlights include: Academy Award winner; 4x Grammy Award winner, 2x Golden Globe winner, Tony Award winner, American Music Award winner, Lifetime Achievement Award from the National Board of Review, ASCAP's Henry Mancini Award for Lifetime Achievement, and BMI's Richard Kirk Award for lifetime achievement, and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. A sample of Hans Zimmer’s 200+ film credits: Interstellar, The Lion King, the Pirates of the Caribbean series, Inception, Gladiator, Crimson Time, Dunkirk, The Dark Knight Trilogy.


Track listing & details

Track Listings

Disc: 1

  1. Dreaming of the Crash
  2. Cornfield Chase
  3. Dust
  4. Day One
  5. Stay

Disc: 2

  1. Message from Home
  2. The Wormhole
  3. Mountains
  4. Afraid of Time
  5. A Place Among the Stars
  6. Running Out
  7. I'm Going Home

Disc: 3

  1. Coward
  2. Detach
  3. S.T.A.Y.

Disc: 4

  1. Where We're Going
  2. First Step
  3. Flying Drone
  4. Atmospheric Entry
  5. No Need to Come Back

Disc: 5

  1. Imperfect Lock
  2. No Time for Caution
  3. What Happens Now?
  4. Who's They?

Disc: 6

  1. Murph
  2. Organ Variation

Disc: 7

  1. Tick-Tock
  2. Day One (Original Demo)
  3. Day One Dark
  4. Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night - By Hans Zimmer, John Lithgow, Ellen Burstyn, Casey Affleck, Jessica Chastain, Matthew McConaughey, Mackenzie Foy
-------------
That the blood you bleed
Is just the blood you owe

No Time To Die Theme Video 

Billie Eilish

I should've known
I'd leave alone
Just goes to show
That the blood you bleed
Is just the blood you owe
We were a pair
But I saw you there
Too much to bear
You were my life
But life is far away from fair
Was I stupid to love you?
Was I reckless to help?
Was it obvious to everybody else
That I'd fallen for a lie?
You were never on my side
Fool me once, fool me twice
Are you death or paradise?
Now you'll never see me cry
There's just no time to die
I let it burn
You're no longer my concern
Faces from my past return
Another lesson yet to learn
That I'd fallen for a lie
You were never on my…


----------------
Devotion to soundtrack:
As civilians, we would never get to know what really happens at the line. The very place where brotherhood and hatred coexist. That's the reason I'm obsessed about films that introspect soldiers' life. That's the reason I'm obsessed about this track composed by legendary Hans Zimmer for auteur Terrence Malick's 'The Thin Red Line' (1998), which is synonymous with brotherhood, fear, hope and war.
https://youtu.be/9EW5uaWDkKs
#HansZimmer #TheThinRedLine #TerrenceMalick
-
The very first score I needed Ochathevar to hear was from one of the soundtracks, which not only manipulated my conscience but awakened me. He did listen to The Wachowskis Sisters' metaphysical "The Matrix", whose score was composed and conducted by Don Davis and apparently liked it. 



https://craftrecordings.com/products/don-davis-the-matrix-original-motion-picture-score-lp

-----
Among the very first scores i needed #OchaThevar to hear was from one of the soundtracks, which not only manipulated my conscience but awakened me. He did listen to #ChristopherNolan's second World War  cerberal "#Dunkirk's", "#SuperMarine" whichwas composed and conducted by #HansZimmer and apparently he liked it.



https://youtu.be/n1VJ39nVIBk
----------

Among the very first scores/songs i needed #OchaThevar to hear was from one of the soundtracks, which not only manipulated my conscience but awakened me. He did listen to Ian Fleming's James Bond's, a Martin Campbell directorial, "Golden Eye", main or title them, which was composed by Bono and The Edge and performed by Tina Turner. Apparently, he liked it. 


See reflections on the water
More than darkness in the depths
See him surface in every shadow
On the wind I feel his breath



GoldenEye I found his weakness
GoldenEye he'll do what I please
GoldenEye no time for sweetness
But a bitter kiss will bring him to his knees



You'll never know how I watched you
From the shadows as a child
You'll never know how it //

to be the one who's left behind


You'll never know the days, the nights
The tears, the tears I've cried
But now my time has come
And time, time is not on your side


See him move through smoke and mirrors
Feel his presence in the crowd
Other girls they gather around him
If I had him I wouldn't let him out


GoldenEye not lace or leather
Golden chains take him to the spot
GoldenEye I'll show him forever
It'll take forever to see, what I've got


You'll never know how I watched you
From the shadows as a child
You'll never know how it feels
To be so close and be denied


It's a gold and honey trap
I've got for you tonight
Revenge it's a kiss, this time I won't miss
Now I've got you in my sight
With a GoldenEye, Golden, GoldenEye
With a GoldenEye, GoldenEye 


------

Among the very first scores i needed OchaThevar to hear was from one of the soundtracks or scores, which not only manipulated my conscience but awakened me. He did listen to Ron Howard's, poignant real life story of eccentric mathematician John Nash, "A Beautiful Mind'", " Kaleidoscope of Mathematics" theme, which was composed by James Horner. Apparently, he liked it. 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnpIGDCblPQWUueNVrSSFrW7RdAwRvuV2

----------
Among the very first scores i needed OchaThevar to hear was from one of the soundtracks or scores, which not only manipulated my conscience but awakened me. He did listen to legendary Ennio Morricone's trendsetting score for Sergio Leone's, Clint Eastwood starrer "For a Few Dollars More" (1965). Apparently, he liked it.



After fleeing Sedapatti along with SSR, consequently joining Indian Army and fighting for the allied forces in the second World War, BhavaThevar on returning to Madurai, introduced English language speaking films to Thangapandian, who inturn introduced Pandians' to English language speaking films exhibited in Madurai Mappillai Vinayagar and Manicka Vinayagar theatres from the mid of 1980 to 2000. Now, BT is entrusted with introducing the same to OchaThevar. 
-----
Among the very first scores i needed OchaThevar to hear was from one of the soundtracks or scores, which not only manipulated my conscience but awakened me. He did listen to Steven Spielberg's haunting take on second world war, "Schindler's List" (1993), main theme, which is not only a poignant but a mesmerizing score, composed and conducted by prolific musician John Williams with violin solos by Itzhak Perlman. 





Back in 1993, auteur Steven Spielberg's Jurassic Park was released in Madurai Mappillai Vinayagar theatre, and Steven Spielberg's Schindler's List was released in Madurai Manicka Vinayagar theatre at the same time, which was an adjacent to the former. My father took us (Pandians) to Schindler's List. This hypnotic soundtrack I heard 27 years back at Manicka Vinayagar theatre, is being listened to by OchaThevar now. 

How did Spielberg manage to simultaneously work on films entirely different at the same time? While he was shooting one, he was editing another. This calls for a separate discussion, which would be updated later in the blog. 

--

Among the very first scores/songs i needed OchaThevar to hear was from one of the soundtracks or scores, which not only manipulated my conscience but awakened me. He did listen to #IanFleming's #JamesBond's, a Sam Mendes directorial, Daniel Craig starrer "#Skyfall", main or title them, which was composed by Adele and Paul Epworth and performed by Adele. An Oscar winning original song. Apparently, he liked it.



Back in the 60s, our grandfather BhavaThevar introduced our father Thangapandian to James Bond in Madurai Parameswari theatre (Karimedu). In the 80s, inturn we Pandians were introduced to James Bond by our father in Madurai Mappillai Vinayagar theatre. After four decades, OchaThevar is being introduced to James Bond. 

---
67 years ago today he came into existence, whose life was synonymous with this quote of Braveheart: "Every man dies not not every man really lives". Among the soundtracks I needed OchaThevar to listen first, I made him to listen to the soundtracks of BraveHeart, which were composed and conducted by James Horner. 
The complete soundtrack of Mel Gibson's 'Braveheart' composed by James Horner is what all I needed to remain human.

Check out Braveheart - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by James Horner on Amazon Music


Among the very first scores i needed Ocha Thevar to hear was from one of the soundtracks or scores, which not only manipulated my conscience but awakened me. He did listen to prolific musician Jerry Goldsmith's Sylvester Stallone starred "First Blood" (1982) soundtrack. 
Apparently, he liked it.
For some unknown reasons, First Blood, the first installment of Rambo franchise was not released in Madurai Mappillai Vinayagar and Manicka Vinayagar theatres. Traditionally, since the inception of the above mentioned theatres
almost every English language speaking film was released there as they had exclusive contracts with the Hollywood Studios based out of Bombay. But incidentally, First Blood didn't get released there, instead it was released in Madurai Amirtham and Cinipriya theater. My father took us (Pandians) to Amirtham theatre for First Blood. Since then both the characters John Rambo and Rocky Balboa are my coaches for martial arts. Three decades later, now OchaThevar is watching the Rambo franchise and listening to it's soundtracks. Apparently, he is liking them. 
Check out First Blood by Jerry Goldsmith on Amazon Music

On the way to the shelter from the battlefield with the injuries I cannot endure in a cold and a deserted road but I have the company of Jerry Goldsmith's composed "It's a long road" for Sylvester Stallone's First Blood (1982). 



Among the very first scores i needed #OchaThevar to hear was from one of the soundtracks, which not only manipulated my conscience but awakened me.  He listened to the soundtracks of Ridley Scott's "Kingdom of Heaven" (2005), which were composed and conducted by Harry Gregson-Williams. Apparently, he liked them. 
Check out Kingdom Of Heaven (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Harry Gregson-Williams on Amazon Music
https://music.amazon.in/albums/B00138GZM0?ref=dm_sh_CtAkKFSjL0gYFQT0XD8pEJ8la 

Devotion to soundtrack:
It's the Kingdom of conscience, not of heaven. An invigorating soundtrack that is quintessential of conflict between brothers or Gods, which began thousands of years ago and persisting. Not only do I feel enlightened on listening to this track composed by prolific musician #HarryGregsonWilliams for auteur #RidleyScott's '#KingdomofHeaven' (2005), but taken back to the formative years of Jerusalem.
I typically stay back until the end credits are over, as it is my gesture of expressing appreciation for the crew involved in making of any film. I vividly remember closing my eyes as the end credits were rolling on the screen of '#MaduraiMappillaiVinayagar' (Sri Mappillai Vinayagar) theatre and listening to this soulful soundtrack back in 2005. I was actually transcended to the minds of Saladin and Balian of Ibelin.



Addiction to soundtrack:
Although, I don't share the view of peaceful existence as it is arbitrary, I find solace in listening to the soulful soundtrack '#Ibelintheme' (instrument version) composed by prolific musician
#HarryGregsonWilliams for auteur #RidleyScott's '#KingdomofHeaven' (2005). If you choose to listen to this track, I'd suggest to keep your minds closed - focussed. Only then will you be able to sail to Ibelin's castle.

Back in 2005, on the day of completing the final examination of the final semester of my engineering degree, "#KingdomoFHeaven", was released in #MaduraiMappillaiVinayagartheatre Sri Mappillai Vinayagar. Most of those who were part of that college ( I don't call them friends as they never qualified to be a friend) went for some regional movie. I chose to visit my temple like I always did. The experience was not only enlightening but I learnt of one of the fundamental reasons for the divide between Muslims and Christians, more importantly the significance of #Jerusalem in both the faiths. 15 years later, #OchaThevar is being kind of introduced to Kingdom oF Heaven. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/reviews/wr63/

Among the very first scores/songs i needed OchaThevar to hear was from one of the soundtracks or scores, which not only manipulated my conscience but awakened me. He did listen to Travis Scott's "The Plan" for auteur Christopher Nolan's "Tenet". And, he enjoyed listening to the mesmerizing score. 

Check out The Plan (From the Motion Picture "TENET") [Explicit] by Travis Scott on Amazon Music


Every night after enduring the day's battle, on my way to the shelter, I listen to this soundtrack, and feel kind of rejuvenating. However, the battle continues tomorrow and  the defeat is inevitable. 
The phrase "Lost but Won" increasingly became synonymous with my existence since 15th February 2010.
Effort is what I appreciate and not the result. There is invariably an external factor beyond our control manipulating the result. Therefore, I'm inclined towards the defeated, who have  exerted the real effort. In this context, the phrase "Lost but Won", and the soundtrack, and the real circumstances of the film "Rush" directed by Ron Howard and the composed by Hans Zimmer are a reflection of my mind. 





Where I'm confined, I'm forbidden from suspending a bar from the ceiling. Therefore, I make use of a reinforced concrete slab to pull myself up and down, essentially pull up. I was able to do in total, of 200, 500 pushing myself against the planet earth's gravity, practically push ups, and other associated physical routines, across the day in a phased manner. However, it has declined by a significant proportion because of the deprivation of the necessities. However, the Renaissance is believed to be beginning. 
After fighting today's battles, with injuries sustained, while on the way back to the shelter, I'm listening to #RobBailey's composition "#MothafuckingBeast"for #AntoineFuqua's "#Southpaw".However, the battle for tomorrow still looms large. 
And, this is the way.
Every night after enduring the day's battle, on my way to the shelter, I listen to this soundtrack, and feel kind of rejuvenating.
This remix of Eminem's track "Loose Yourself" for Jake Gyllenhaal's starred Antoine Fuqua's Southpaw manipulates me to resume hitting the wall with bare hands. The fact remains that the injuries sustained consequently deter me from exercising for months. Still, I do. A vicious cycle. 
 However, the battle continues tomorrow and  the defeat is inevitable.  And, this is the way. 


When I already know that I'm going to be knocked out in the tomorrow's combat, how do I still prepare for the day after tomorrow's? 
It's done with Hans Zimmer's OST Flight for Zack Snyder's Man Of Steel (2013)

After fighting today's battles, with injuries sustained, while on the way back to the shelter, I'm listening to Jerry Goldsmith's composition "#TheDream" for Paul Verhoeven's "Total Recall'. 
I'm not only teleported to the red planet but nostalgic about my father taking my brother and me for watching Total Recall on its first release in my temples Madurai Mappillai Vinayagar theatre and it's subsequent releases in Manicka Vinayagar theatre. Sri Mappillai Vinayagar 
However, the battle for tomorrow still looms large. 
And, this is the way.

I need to pump iron into my veins so as to sustain tomorrow's defeat, to do so the only option at disposal is the soundtrack "Main Theme" of Terminator2:Judgement Day, composed by Brad Fiedel.
On the way to the shelter from the battlefield with the injuries I cannot endure in a cold and a deserted road but I have the company of Hans Zimmer composed "Leave No Man Behind" for Ridley Scott's "Black Hawk Down".

Acquired  an Imported edition of Mission Impossible Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Audio CD,  Mother Records, HMV in very good condition.  Price INR 1000 plus shipping. WhatsApp 9790161888 to buy.



No woman can seduce as much as Sharon Stone did to me in Basic Instinct (1992). Upon its re-release at my temple Madurai Manicka Vinayagar theatre in 1998, even though, it was an R rated erotic thriller and I was about 15 years in 10th standard, I managed to get tickets because of the influence I had in the theatre. This film and Sharon Stone may have induced my sexual senses, but it has a profound impact on my conscience only because of Jerry Goldsmith's hypnotic composition for Paul Verhoeven's directorial. Furthermore, this soundtrack (O$T),  "Main Title/The First Victim".  exemplifies the impact.
In the nights, why don't I like the clouds?
In the nights, why don't I like the rains?
Because, they obstruct me from gazing the stars in the night sky.
After months, the night sky is absolutely clear.
And, I'm immersed in the stars.
This experience can only be augmented by the saviour of music, Hans Zimmer composed and conducted "Cornfield Chase", for auteur Christopher Nolan's "Interstellar".


What would a born cinephile get as a gift on their birthday? Perhaps, the release of the film that they had been anticipating. In 1996, Roland Emmerich's Independence Day was released on my birth date at my temple Madurai Mappillai Vinayagar theatre. I felt like it was the God's gift to me because the trailer was being exhibited in the theatres for 3 months in a row. Thus, the anticipation was at all time high. And, God chose to release the film for my birthday. 
The sound composed and conducted by David Arnold not only made the film adrenaline rush but patriotic. The end credits went on to become the best soundtrack of 1996.
On the way to the shelter from the battlefield not alone but with the company of John Nash, James Horner and Roland Emmerich.
Most of the times, I find solace not in listening but reciting this soundtrack  "The Kaleidoscope of Mathematics" composed by James Horner for Roland Emmerich's "A Beautiful Mind".  As much as this film has a profound impact on my conscience the compositions of James Horner for this film manipulated me and I began reenacting John Nash's schizophrenia in the mental reality I exist.


On the way to the shelter from the battlefield sustaining injuries, I cannot endure. However, what consoles me is I have the company of Balian of Ibelin, Ridley Scott and the Kingdom.
You understand wisdom as knowledge acquired through patience and time. It isn't. 
Wisdom is getting attracted by and going towards the source.
I always do.
On completing the final examination on the last late date of my Engineering degree in April of 2005, I did not go home but went to my temple Madurai Mappillai Vinayagar theatre to watch Kingdom Of Heaven. What happened next was enlightenment.
The soundtrack "Crusaders", composed by Harry Gregson-Williams for Ridley Scott's "Kingdom Of Heaven" transcended me to the period when the origin of a conflict, which is still prevailing happened.



On the way to the shelter from the battlefield sustaining injuries, I cannot endure. Even though, I'm deserted, I have the spiritual company of my brothers.

Sometimes, I'm ashamed to be a civilian. Can the civilians really  comprehend the meaning of brotherhood? Arguably no. Brotherhood exists among the soldiers. Because it's invariably about the man next to you. 
How do I know it? I was a soldier in one of my previous incarnations and fought in the second world war along with my brothers of Easy company of 101st Airborne division  paratrooper company in the Europe.

What Michael Kamen has composed for the Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg executive produced "Band of Brothers" is a reminiscent of what happened to us during and after the D-Day.


On the way to the shelter from the battlefield sustaining injuries, I cannot endure thinking about the man who made my life possible on Earth, whose existence was reminiscent of William Wallace and listening to the soundtrack "Freedom", composed by James Horner for Mel Gibson's directorial "Brave Heart".

NOW I'M JASON BOURNE
A very few actually understand how obsessed and eccentric I'm living the fictional characters I admire the most in my reality. Jason Bourne is amongst those who leads the list.
Now, on the way to the shelter from the battlefield sustaining injuries I cannot endure with the company of Jason Bourne's soundtrack for "Bourne Supremacy", "Nach Deutschland", composed by John Powell.


Authored by Balaji Thangapandian aka #BT - a spacefarer, who is also curious about film-making, connectivity technologies and military history.

Resources:
http://education.lenardaudio.com/en/17_cinema_3.html

Comments

Popular Posts