Character Study | Dutch





He lives by his code; he doesn't harm the innocent or the unarmed. He leads an elite rescue team. He is deceived by his old friend to carry out an assassination deep inside a jungle. When he realizes that he is misled his men are brutally killed one by one. Being a soldier, he learns that the opponent they are facing is not of this world, which is actually a hunter, an alien hunter, who lives by the same code of him. He observes, improvises and learns that it can be killed only the ancient way, one to one, bow and arrow combat, fought decisively. Eventually, he doesn't kill it because it gets hurt and left unarmed. But, the hunter self destructs.
#characterstudy

Addiction to soundtrack:
Back in 1987, I didn't know what can extraterrestrials do? I was quite young then, but this film '#Predator', esp. the soundtrack shook my spine. Not only do I vividly remember the struggle to get an entry, but the thunderous sound reproduction by the George Lucas founded THX certified speakers of '#MaduraiMappillaiVinayagar' and '#ManickaVinayagar' theatres (Sri Mappillai Vinayagar) while exhibiting this film. Action-thriller addicts owe its director #JohnMcTiernan and prolific musician #AlanSilvestri.
 
https://youtu.be/jSqw9Yn_RMQ

https://youtu.be/rcsQ-cnIm5Q

Addiction to On Sound Track (#OST):
The track, which pumps massive blood into veins, in effect, whatever work you are doing, you will be able to do more of it. Composed by one of my favorite musicians #AlanSilversti.
#PredatorTheme

Remembering 1987. It was almost a stampede to get an entry for this film in Madurai Mappillai Vinayagar and Manicka Vinayagar theatres (Sri Mappillai Vinayagar)

2017:
Official 30th anniversary poster of #Predator. It was released on 12th June, 1987.
#Predator is among the films, that I remember it by heart. I vividly remember the experience of watching it at theatres in late 80s. Our Madurai Mappillai Vinayagar and Manicka Vinayagar theatres were showing Predator. It was the Friday opening night, there was a blockade of people (not vehicles) standing on the roads leading to the theatre, for up to two kilometers, anxiously waiting to get tickets. That scene was equivalent to a mob. It was actually a miracle that we got tickets, and that were only for the first row of Manicka Vinayagar theatre. My heart almost stopped pumping in various combat sequences, especially, the opening, when an alien ship departs from it's mother ship to Earth, and predator chasing Dutch (Arnold Schwarzenegger). Remember, there was no digital sound nor digital projection installed then, it was analog, but the quality was exceptional. That's why Mappillai Vinayagar theatre was awarded with prestigious 'THX Certification' for maintaining world class standards. I'm always obliged to Mappillai Vinayagar Theatre Sri Mappillai Vinayagar for imparting films like Predator and many other, and creating cinephiles like me.

2016:
Just completed watching one of my favorite films #Predator on star movies. I don't remember the count. But, it must certainly exceed 100 times. Don't think it as exaggeration, its a fact. People, who know me personally, understand what i'm talking about is factual.
I've always believed I'm metaphysical. 
Yet, I don't believe in anything. Therefore, I appear to be perplexed, which actually I am. I don't reach a conclusion about anything. Ironically, I'm equally prejudiced. 
The term purpose means anything to me, because if it has any meaning it only means that one has to keep looking for answers to questions that cannot be really answered. 
If there is something that keeps me tethered to reality is fiction. The characters of the fictional world are my real selves. 

Authored by Balaji Thangapandian aka #BT - a spacefarer, who is also curious about film-making, connectivity technologies and military history.

Comments

Popular Posts