Deep Impact | Terminator 2





Timeline chart of Terminator explained by self to some friends who could not comprehend the story, time travel of characters Terminators, Kyle Resse,  emergence of Skynet as AI, and last but not the least Sarah Connor.


In 2015, while I was a corporate salaried slave, after completing the day's target of wrong selling products to consumers by exploiting their greed, I was sitting and making this simple timeline of the franchise. It may or may not appropriately explain the timeline, but it was a simple attempt I suppose.

'Terminator 2: Judgement Day', turns 32 today. It was released on 3rd July, 1991. I don't have to explicitly say, how much I'm obsessed about James Cameron's vision. I had to explain someone at work about the plot of Terminator series in simple terms. Therefore, I drew the timeline myself and explained.

Devotion to soundtrack:
I cannot recall even the simplest mathematical table or any formula from my memory. However, the soundtracks (main theme) of auteur James Cameron's 'Terminator 1' and 'Terminator 2: Judgement Day', composed by prolific musician Brad Fiedel have been reverberating in my subconscious since early 90s. Therefore, I can recite these soundtracks.
Terminator1 (1984) main theme:
https://youtu.be/deSjbOmW48U
#Terminator2JudgementDay (1991) main theme:
https://youtu.be/pVZ2NShfCE8

He is a humanoid assassin sent from the future to the past by an artificially intelligent defence system to eliminate the young human leader of resistance, thus wiping out rebellion even before its born. He is, however intercepted in the space-time continuum, reprogrammed to exert human emotions, and made to save the resistance's leader in the present, from the assassination of other androids.


Authored by Balaji Thangapandian aka #BT - a spacefarer, who is also curious about film-making, connectivity technologies and military history.


30 years ago today, humanity was enslaved. Skynet became self aware on 29th August 1991.


Comments

Popular Posts