Introspection | Book | It Happened In India (2007) | Kishore Biyani:


Introspection | Book | It Happened In India (2007) | Kishore Biyani:

Upon its publication in 2007, I bought the book from, Landmark, Madras (Nungambakkam outlet). I procrastinated in reading it, I always do with books. Eventually, I read it in 2010, when I was coping up with an existential crisis.

'It Happened In India', is one of the first few books that I completely read or comprehended. It augmented my theoretical interpretation of marketing and entrepreneurship in Indian context.

If a marketer were to refer to a book for acquisition of ' know - how ' of Indian business scenario, or precisely retail market, ' It Happened In India ' is a must read. I'd say it is the bible for any entrepreneur, intending to venture into "Business to Consumer" (B2C) space.

Kishore Biyani, the founder of Future Group, the man who transformed the consumer retail or introduced hypermarkets, which consequently enormously translated the dynamics of consumerism in India, authored this book, based on his immense experience of building the group from inception to unparalleled market dominance.

'It Happened In India' is the story of Big Bazzar, Pantaloons, and The Central.

Authored by Balaji Thangapandian aka #BT - a spacefarer, who is also curious about film-making, connectivity technologies and military history.


Comments

Popular Posts