Character Correlation | James R. Fitzgerald | Manhunt: Unabomber


#charactercorrelation

He constructs vital information revealing someone's identity and whereabouts without even knowing, seeing or observing. It is innate. How does he do? Who is he?

Since young, he had the ability to be different and stood out of the crowd. What he lacked was appropriate academic qualifications. After having spent ten years in the law enforcement in the field, eventually he got an opportunity to put his intelligence into use. He was instrumental in the identification, location, detention and conviction of a suspect, whose manhunt was the largest and the most expensive in the history of the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation).


He scored exceptional in the classroom and ground training. He was spotted by the team at the FBI, desperately trying to solve a case challenging the nation. While he was expected to pass through the hierarchy, his innovative first of its kind methods in nearing the suspect was repeatedly denied. When, FBI exhausted all the options they had, employed what he pioneered, rather coined "Forensic Linguistic Analysis", which didn't have a precedent in the American judicial history, which solely helped in the detention and conviction of Theodore John Kaczynski, aka "Unabomber".


This man is #JamesRFitzgerald, an FBI profiler. His job was to acquire information and organize into a construct leading to decision making by the FBI. Sam Worthington played James R. Fitzgerald in the Netflix series "Manhunt: Unabomber".


How am I correlated to James R. Fitzgerald?
Since childhood, thanks to my father's upbringing of me, the city where I was born, clan I belong to, the theatre (Madurai Mappillai Vinayagar and Manicka Vinayagar) where I watched international films when internet was non existent, fuelled my intuition in classifying people culturally and geographically based on semantics, outlook and body language without even having to know or interacting with them. I didn't know that what I was doing in part, was "Linguistic Forensic Analysis".


Moreover, I had always been denied opportunities at work. The ideas I conceptualized were considered ineffective and unsaleable, which were eventually implemented by taking away my credit. I'm certain that this happens to a significant proportion of the population. But what connects me and James R. Fitzgerald is the instinct - ability to judge without prejudice.


This character study is not exhaustive and top of the mind recall. Addendums will be published as and when time permits. 


The emotional bond existing between James R. Fitzgerald of Manhunt: Unabomber and I can only be recognised by those who are surviving the extraordinary circumstances and not leading a regular life. 

Authored by Balaji Thangapandian aka #BT - a spacefarer, who is also curious about film-making, connectivity technologies and military history.

Comments

Popular Posts