Character Correlation | Howard Hughes | The Aviator (2004)

Character Correlation | Howard Hughes | The Aviator (2004) 

For most, cinema is just an affair for a few hours or a couple of days. Subsequently, it's impact fades and people move on. It applies to their real life as well - any problem encountered is either ignored or solved with their resources. 

They can't stay obsessed about a problem or a solution because they are caught up in the illusion of an ordinary existence of money making. 


But, for someone like me, whose conscience gets manipulated, by the characters I watch and admire, they are rather reflection of my mind - profoundly my way of life. Many wouldn’t believe, and would say that I’m exaggerating, when I say that the person and the character Howard Hughes in reality and in fiction starred by Leonardo DiCaprio for Martin Scorsese’s "TheAviator" (2004) became synonymous with my real life. 


As Howard Hughes, fbeing ambitious and aspirational in building a conglomerate -  filmmaking to aviation, I’m continued to be ignored by both the known and the strangers for having interests ranging from space exploration, entrepreneurship, military history to independent film-making.When my ideas are presented, a precedent is asked. They fail to realise that my ideas themselves will become a precedent in the near future. They are neither novel nor derived but instinctive. All I have to do is prove though. The contrary is that in reality Howard Hughes was rich, but I’m not, we do share the same emotional quotient though. The inability to be normal is what drives both Howard Hughes and I. 

Among the many traits that Howard and I share with, what makes us brothers is that both are diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder on aeroplanes, film-making, cleanliness, women and milk.


Authored by Balaji Thangapandian aka #BT - a spacefarer, who is also curious about film-making, connectivity technologies and military history.


Comments

Popular Posts